Testing Time

The Blogging Challenge 6 is all about the LAN tests (Language and Numeracy tests that all year 3s, 5s, 7s and 9s have to take) and blogging. I am doing challenge #1, persuasive text, and the game.

The game is this.

• click on a blog on the student list – count one
  • now click on a blog from their blogroll – count two
  • finally click on a blog from that blogroll – count three

Leave a comment on an interesting post at this blog.

Do this activity at least three times and finally, write your own post saying which blogs you visited and what posts you left a comment on. Why did you choose that post? Remember to include a link back to the post you left a comment on so that student gets a pingback or trackback.

Persuasive Text

Activity #1 says to create a glog or poster, I chose a Glog, that has a piece of persuasive text on it because there is a section in the LAN test about persuasive text.

Lucky for me, our class has just done some persuasive text work and we wrote our own. Here is mine on glogster. It is all about why students should not recieve homework (just so you know, I am not totally against it, it is just the topic I chose).

The Game

The first blog I ended at was Jessie’s. I left a comment on her most recent post, My Comic Life Photography Poster. It is about 6 fantastic tips to great photography. I found this post very useful because if I’m honest, I am not a very good photographer and she has helped me heaps by letting me know her few secrets! 😉 Keep up the great work Jessie!

The second blog I came across was Alysha’s! I left a comment on her post, “They’re all around us!” about science and particals. Read the rest by watching this!

The third blog I came to was Jessica’s. The post I commented on was her ‘Darfur Crisis‘ post. It was all about the violence and abuse in Dafur. I don’t know about you but I had no idea this was all happening! It hasn’t been on the news or anything, but if you have read this post or heard about it, I reckon it devers to be on the news. This crisis needs to stop and I am with her to support this cause. Keep up the support Jessica!

3 thoughts on “Testing Time

1. Hey Rachster!
    In response to your comment on my blog, I think that the reason no one has heard about Darfur is because it has been going on for a long time, and the news probably died out. However, that’s not a reason to spread the news about Darfur! It’s a genecide, a crisis! And we NEED to help. That’s why I’m trying to spread the word to kids all around the world. Kids can make a big difference anytime, anywhere. So, why not start now? I hope you’ll (and everyone else reaidng this/my post on my blog) will join me and try to spread the word about Darfur. And who knows, maybe WE can make history and out an end to the worst genecide of the 21st century!

2. Hi Rachester!
    Please feel free to copy my report onto your blog! I think that would be a great way to spread the news about Darfur! The important thing that matters is thay the Darfur Crisis will be recognized and more people will try to get involved to help stop this genocide.

3. Also, I hope that it is okay if I put you on my blogroll. I think that it’s very good that you’ve taken much interest in the Darfur Crisis and want to spread the news. I will always be checking my blog for any questions, more information, or anything else that you may want to know about Darfur!