In class lately, we have been working on 3D Art. It is designed to give a 3D effect. Our teacher found it from a teacher who found it from another. Instructions:
You’ll need a plain piece of white, A4 paper, coloured pencils and a lead pencil.
1. Draw a wavy line right across the middle of the page (no loops).
2. Draw 8 dots spread out across the line. To make the picture interesting, make them different widths apart.
3. Connect the dots like a dot-to-dot making them slightly raised. Take the line off the page for the dots on the end, connecting them to a pretend dot that is off the page.
4. Start with every second dot for this step. build upon your first raised line. Make the ‘tower’ change width for effect. keep going off the top of the page.
5. Once you’ve done this for every second column, fill in the blank ones, matching the width of the tower to the blank spot between 2 columns already done.
6. Once 1 side of the line is completely filled in with (should be) 7 columns and 2 half columns, do the same thing on the other side. Once that is finished you should end up with 7 full columns and 2 columns cut in half.
7. Pick 3 different combinations of 9 different colours. Alternate these colours throughout one column and alternate the 3 combinations over the columns.
Here is my end result !! I hope your’s turns out well.
Have you done any artwork in class lately ?? Please tell me all about it !!